Hyderabad Metro offers ticket booking through WhatsApp
This facility is in addition to other digital modes of ticket booking viz. TSavaari and other third-party payment apps.
End-to-end digital payment
HYDERABAD: Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited has become the first metro in India to launch an end-to-end digital payment enabled metro ticket booking through WhatsApp eTicketing in collaboration with delivery partner Billeasy and the government of India's signature programme "Digital India" and promoting the environmentally friendly method of commuting.
After several trials in the past few months, Hyderabad Metro Rail has added the new mode of digital ticket booking via WhatsApp, the popular messenger app, in association with Billeasy and AFC partner, ShellinfoGlobalsg, Singapore for the technology integration. This brand-new service enables the everyday Hyderabad commuter the option to travel seamlessly on the Hyderabad Metro Rail.
Commuters can now simply purchase an e-Ticket on their own WhatsApp number, which can be displayed at the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates to proceed with the journey. This facility is in addition to other digital modes of ticket booking viz. TSavaari and other third-party payment apps.
- The process for booking the ticket through WhatsApp:
- Initiate a WhatsApp chat by sending a 'Hi' message to Hyderabad Metro Rail Phone No. +918341146468 or scan the QR code available at metro stations.
- Get an OTP and an eTicket booking URL (valid for 5 minutes).
- For a contactless digital experience, click the eTicket booking URL to open the E-ticket gateway webpage.
- Choose the options of Journey Route & Journey Type and make the payment (Gpay, PhonePe, Paytm, Rupay debit card, etc.).
- Get the URL for the metro E-ticket on your registered WhatsApp number.
- Click the metro E-ticket URL to download the QR E-ticket (valid for one business day).
- Flash the QR E-ticket at the AFC gate and proceed.
Speaking on this development, Mr. KVB Reddy, MD & CEO, L&TMRHL, said, "Hyderabad Metro Rail believes in the power of digitalisation. In line with the Digital India mission, we are happy to launch India's first Metro WhatsApp eTicketing facility with a fully digital payment gateway to elevate our passenger experience and enhance our service excellence. This is also in line with our philosophy of going green. We are thankful to Billeasy and ShellinfoGlobalsg for helping us in this endeavour. "
Mr. Akash Dillip Patil, Founder & MD, Billeasy, said,"We are happy to partner with L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad and support our government's mission of 'Digital India'. Our team is committed to delivering a greater digital experience of convenience and efficiency, along with incorporating NCMC protocols for a connected future. We will continue to work towards the digitization of the transit ecosystem in the country while driving the adoption of digital mobility solutions. Billeasy and HMR are the first across the country to enable online booking of tickets via WhatsApp. This project allows us, as well as everyone else involved, to achieve a high level of digitalisation and innovation.I would urge everyone to use Billeasy QR to scan and punch a ticket on their own. "