Roads to choose, avoid during Ganesh immersion on September 9, 10
Traffic restrictions will be imposed on September 9 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. until the immersion activities are completed.
HYDERABAD: Traffic restrictions have been put in place by the Cyberabad Police in preparation for the immersion of Ganesh idols in several tanks and lakes within the jurisdiction of the Cyberabad Police Commissionerate on September 9 and September 10, 2022, to ensure smooth traffic movement.
Regulation of traffic on IDL Tank, Kukatpally Road:
- To facilitate immersion processions, the road from the IDL tank entrance to the Rainbow Vista T-Junction will be closed to general traffic on September 9, 2022.Visitors' and onlookers' vehicles will not be permitted at IDL Tank. Traffic heading from Kukatpally 'Y' Junction to Hitech City Madhapur should take the JNTU, Forum Mall road. Traffic travelling from Hitech City in Madhapur to Kukatpally 'Y' junction in Balanagar via Kaithlapur should take the Rainbow Vista-Moosapet road.
Regulation of traffic for Ganesh Idol Immersion procession near Hasmathpet Tank, Alwal:
- Vehicles carrying Ganesh idols from Bowenpally and other Secunderabad colonies should enter Hasmathpet tank via Anjaiahnagar, and after the idols are immersed, the empty vehicles should exit towards Old Bowenpally, Mosque Road, and Harijan Basthi.
- Regulation of traffic for the Ganesh Idol Immersion procession near Suraram Kattamaisamma Tank.
- Vehicles travelling from Balanagar and Jeedimetla to Bahadurpally, Bachupally, and Gandimaisamma will be detoured at Suraram Village near the Sub Registrar's office, Bowrampet, Gandimaisamma.
- Vehicles travelling from Gandimaisamma, Bachupally, and Balanagar will be diverted at Bahadurpally Junction to take a left turn via Dulapally village T junction-IALA Jeedimetla.
Regulation of traffic for the Ganesh Idol Immersion procession near Pathikunta Tank.
- Traffic from ORR Exit 17 heading towards Aramaghar and Attapur will be detoured at Walampari U-turn-TSPA service road-Right turn-Lords College-L.V. Prasad eye hospital. Right turn-Darga ksaliz village-Left turn-Kismathpur village-Budwel village-Extension left turn.
- Traffic coming from Pillar No. 294(Shivarampally) and PDP junction will be diverted towards Budwel village-Kismathpur village-Dargah village, right turn-LV Prasad Eye Care, left turn-Lords College, turning then towards TSPA junction and Himayathsagar tollgate.
- Traffic from Pillar No. 294 (Shivarampally) and PDP junction will be diverted to Budwel village, Kismathpur village, Dargah village, LV Prasad Eye Care, Lords College, and TSPA junction and Himayathsagar tollgate.
Regulation of Ganesh idols on flyovers:
- Due to safety concerns, vehicles carrying Ganesh idols will not be permitted on Fathenagar flyover, Cyber Towers flyover, Forum Mall flyover, and Gachibowli flyover, Bio-diversity flyovers 1 & 2, Mind Space flyover, Road No.45 flyover, and Durgam Cheruvu Bridge, Babu Jagjivan Ram flyover (Balanagar), Malkamcheruvu Flyover, Khaithlapur flyover, Shaik.
Restrictions on heavy vehicles:
Heavy vehicles will be prohibited from operating on the following roads/areas:
- From the BHEL X road to the Godrej 'Y' junction in Kukatpally
- Bridge from Balanagar to Fathenagar
- Erragadda to Godrej
- From Ferojguda to the Godrej 'Y' Junction in Kukatpally
- The 'X' road from Gudenmet to Narsapur
- Aramghar X road, PVNR flyover
- All heavy vehicles (including buses) proceeding from Sangareddy, Patancheru, and BHEL towards Kukatpally, Hyderabad City, will be prohibited and must detour at BHEL X road, take a 'U' turn, and proceed towards Lingampally, HCU, Gachibowli, and Tolichowki.
- All heavy vehicles (including buses) travelling from BHEL, Chandanagar, and Miyapur to Ameerpet must detour at Miyapur X road, turn left, and continue to Bachupally, Dundigal road.
- Only heavy-duty trucks heading towards Aramghar and Attapur from Gachibowli and Patencheru are not permitted to exit at Exit No. 17 (Himayathsagar), but rather, they must continue straight onto ORR and can exit at ORR Exit No. 16. (Shamshabad).
In the interest of the general public and road users, traffic restrictions will be imposed on September 9 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. until the immersion activities are completed.
The public is urged to call the following help lines for guidance on the abovementioned restrictions: 040-23002424/8500411111