Traffic advisory for Ganesh immersion from September 2 at Necklace Road
In connection with the Ganesh immersion processions, from September 2 to September 8
HYDERABAD: In connection with the Ganesh immersion processions, from September 2 to September 8, the following traffic diversions would be made on need basis from 3:00 pm on each day till late night every day, depending on the traffic congestion of Ganesh Idols for immersion at NTR Marg and People's Plaza, P.V.N.R Marg (Necklace Road).
1. At Hotel Marriot (Viceroy) 'T' Jn: General traffic from Karbala Maidan would not be allowed towards the Upper Tankbund and would be diverted towards Kavadiguda X-Roads. Public who are intending to go towards Liberty or Khairtabad may take the route via Kavadiguda X-Roads, Lower Tankbund, Kattamaisamma, Ambedker statue or on to the Telugu talli flyover, Lakdikapul. Those intending to go towards Panjagutta may take the route via Ranigunj, Minster Road- Begumpet - Punjagutta.
2. At Necklace Rotary: General traffic from Panjagutta/Raj Bhavan intending to go towards NTR Marg, PVNR Marg would not be allowed on Khairtabad Fly Over and would be diverted towards Nirankari, Old PS Saifabad and Iqbal Minar.
3. At Telugu Talli Statue Jn : General traffic from Ambedker statue would not be allowed towards NTR Marg and would be diverted towards Iqbal Minar and the traffic going towards Secunderabad would take to Telugu Talli Flyover and would go to Katta Maisamma Temple, DBR Mills and then proceed via Kavadiguda X Road, Bible House and Karbala Maidan.
4. At DBR: General traffic coming from Goshala and proceed towards upper Tankbund would not be allowed and would be diverted at DBR Mills towards Lower Tankbund.
5. At Nallagutta Bridge: General traffic from Minister Road would not be allowed towards the P.V.N.R Marg (Necklace Road) and would be diverted towards Karbala at Nallagutta Bridge.
6. At Buddha Bhavan: General traffic from Buddha Bhavan would not be allowed towards Nallagutta Bridge and P.V.N.R Marg (Necklace Road). Public who are intending to go towards Minister Road may take the route via Ranigunj.
Also, new baby ponds/portable tanks/excavation tanks were setup at NTR Stadium (Ashok Nagar), Nizam College, Chintal basti, Marredpalli, Chilkalguda, Banjara hills, Ameerpet, Nampally, Sanjeevaiah Park, Jalavihar etc. for Ganesh idol immersion, so general commuters may except traffic congestion at these places in evening hours.
Citizens were requested to take alternate routes to reach their destinations and cooperate with the Hyderabad Traffic Police.