52 students hospitalised due to food poisoning in Asifabad district
52 students of Minority Welfare Boys Residential School in Asifabad district were hospitalised after they complained of severe stomach ache post dinner
ASIFABAD: In yet another incident of food poisoning in Telangana, 52 students of Minority Welfare Boys Residential School in Asifabad district were hospitalised after they complained of severe stomach ache post dinner on Monday night. The incident occurred at Balugala in Kagaznagar Mandal of the district.
The students claimed that they had informed their warden about insects that were found in their food but he had ignored their pleas. Following the incident, the school administrative staff made frantic efforts to hush up the matter. But, the incident eventually came to light after some videos and photos of the incident went viral on social media.
The police, learning about the incident, rushed to the school before shifting the affected students to a nearby private hospital in their vehicles. The police said that the meal served for dinner on Monday night resulted in severe food poisoning as insects were found in the food. According to reports, the students who fell ill were out of danger and their condition was stated to be stable.