Fire in Secunderabad’s Palika Bazar, 3 cloth stores gutted; short circuit suspected
At least three cloth stores in the Palika bazaar near Secunderabad Railway Station were completely gutted in a fire mishap on Sunday morning
HYDERABAD: At least three cloth stores in the Palika bazaar near Secunderabad Railway Station were completely gutted in a fire mishap on Sunday morning. The fire was allegedly caused by an electric short circuit started at the ‘Dhamaka’ sale ready-made cloth shop that stocked huge quantities of cloth material for sale.
While fire tenders reached the spot and dowsed the fire, the busy and crowded locality in Secunderabad was completely shrouded by thick black billowing smoke.
Minister for Animal Husbandry Talasani Srinivas Yadav who rushed to the spot and enquired about the reasons for the fire appreciated the quick response by the personnel of the fire department.
“There is a Lodge adjacent to these clothes stores. Luckily there were only very few people in the lodge at that time and they were all safely brought outside,” he said. He said the government would look into the causes of the fire and action would be initiated against the culprits.
Hyderabad deputy mayor M Srilatha Sobhan Reddy also reached the spot and supervised the operations. “The fire has been extinguished and there are no casualties. The preliminary inquiry by the fire department pointed out that there was a short circuit,” she said.