10 simple ways to go zero-waste without spending a penny
Zero waste is a philosophy that promotes reuse, recycle and conservation programmes but, more importantly, also emphasizes sustainability
HYDERABAD: Zero waste has been a concept that has gained momentum in recent times. It is one of the many concepts that supports sustainable living while acceptance globally, where humans try adapting to a lifestyle that produces minimum wastage.
Why is Zero Waste important?
Zero waste is a philosophy that promotes reuse, recycle and conservation programmes but, more importantly, also emphasizes sustainability. The concept reduces consumption, minimizes waste, maximizes recycling and composting besides ensuring that the products are made to be reused, repaired or recycled back into nature or the marketplace.
Following are 10 simple ways to go zero-waste without spending a penny
1. Refuse plastic covers, refrain from its use.
2. Get into a habit of carrying your own water bottles instead of purchasing a new plastic bottle every time you step out.
3. Turn off lights and fans when really not needed.
4. Always make sure you recycle glass, papers and metals at nearby local shops.
5. Try eating at least one plant-based meal a day.
6. Carry your own cloth bag when you go out shopping.
7. Use every resource at your home wisely.
8. Line your dustbin at home with papers instead of plastic bin liners.
9. Compost your food waste daily at home using any type of large mud.
10. You can always depend on your family and friends for borrowing party clothes instead of impulse buying.