Avoid these routes in weekend: Indian Racing League
The race will begin at IMAX (Necklace Road) Rotary and proceed to Telugu Thalli Junction, New Secretariat, NTR Garden, and Mint Compound - IMAX
HYDERABAD: Hyderabad city police imposed traffic diversions from December 9 to December 11, 2022, in view of the Indian Racing League at NTR Marg.
The race will begin at IMAX (Necklace Road) Rotary and proceed to Telugu Thalli Junction, New Secretariat, NTR Garden, and Mint Compound - IMAX.
The Hyderabad City Police Department has advised commuters to take note of the following traffic diversion schedule which will be imposed from 11am on December 9 up to completion of the event on December 11, 2022.
The following diversions will be made, if required as per the local situation:
- Traffic heading from VV Statue (Khairatabad) to Khairatabad flyover will be diverted to Shadan College - RavindraBharathi instead of Necklace Road Imax Rotary.
- Traffic from BuddaBhavan / Nallagutta Junction to Necklace Road Imax Rotary will be diverted at Nallagutta Junction towards Ranigunj/Tankbund instead of Necklace Road Imax Rotary.
- Traffic heading from Rasoolpura/Minister Road to Necklace Rotary via Nallagutta will be diverted at Nallagutta Junction towards Ranigunj.
- Traffic heading from Iqbal Minar Junction to Telugu Thalli Junction and Tankbund will be diverted to the Telugu Thalli flyover, which will take them to Katta Maisamma temple/Lower Tank Bund. Alternatively, they can turn right at Iqbal Minar/Ravindra Bharathi and proceed to Public Gardens Junction - Basheerabagh - Liberty, where they can either go to BRK Bhavan or Tank Bund.
- Traffic from Tankbund/Telugu Thalli to Necklace Rotary will be prohibited and will be diverted at Telugu Thalli Junction to Iqbal Minar/Ravindra Bharathi Junction.
- Traffic from BRKR Bhavan to Necklace Rotary will be prohibited and will be diverted at Telugu Talli Junction to Iqbal Minar/ Ravindra Bharathi Junction.
- Traffic from Iqbal Minar Junction to Mint compound lane will be prohibited and will be diverted at Iqbal Minar Junction to Ravindra Bharathi Junction.
- Traffic from Khairatabad Bada Ganesh Lane to Printing Press Junction or Necklace Rotary will be prohibited and will be diverted at Bada Ganesh to Rajdooth Lane.
- NTR Garden, NTR Ghat, Necklace Road, and Lumbini Park will be closed from December 9 to 11, 2022, due to formula E-Racing.
- If necessary, the above restrictions may also be imposed during the night hours of December 7 and December 8, 2022.
RTC Buses Diversions
- RTC buses travelling from Afzalgunj to Secunderabad should avoid the Tank Bund Road and instead take the Telugu Thalli Flyover, Katta Maisamma, Lower Tank Bund, DBR Mills, and Kavadiguda routes.
- Alternatively, they can take a right at Iqbal Minar/Ravindra Bharathi and proceed towards Public Gardens Junction - Basheerbagh - Liberty, then either towards Tank Bund or towards Tank Bund.
Traffic Congestion Junctions
The following junctions will be congested due to traffic diversions, and commuters are advised to avoid them between December 9 and December 11, 2022.
- VV Statue (Khairatabad) Junction,
- Old Saifabad PS Junction (Lakdikapul), 3. Ravindra Bharathi Junction
- Mint Compound Road
- Telugu Thalli Junction
- Necklace Rotary
- Nalla Gutta Junction
- Katta Maisamma (Lower Tank bund, 9. Tank Bund
- Masab Tank
Hyderabad traffic police had requested the citizens take note of the diversions and take alternate routes to reach their destinations and cooperate with the Hyderabad Traffic Police to traffic jams.