Madhapur gunfire: Deceased Ismail, accused Mujahid were friends in prison
More shocking details are emerging in the sensational gunfire incident in Madhapur which sent shockwaves since early hours
HYDERABAD: More shocking details are emerging in the sensational gunfire incident in Madhapur which sent shockwaves since early hours of Monday. Jahangir, the aide of Ismail, and Sayyed Fayaz, a friend of the deceased realtor, gave a detailed account of what transpired on the fateful night.
Their versions run similar to what the police had presented before the media but they had a few startling revelations which suggest that the animosity between the deceased Ismail and his rival Mujahid was very much deep-rooted.
Here is what they had to say about the incident.
• We were called for discussions over money from a land settlement.
• We had breakfast from a roadside idly selling pushcart in Madhapur at around 3 am.
• What started as a banter between Ismail and Mohammed Mujahid snowballed into a big altercation.
• Jeelani opened fire from a country-made weapon he carried with him.
• In all, five rounds were fired at Ismail by Jeelani and his accomplices.
• Even I was shot at when I stepped in to stop them.
• Ismail fell to the ground and I immediately put him in a car and sent him to the hospital.
• The dispute pertained to a three-acre land in Zaheerabad.
• Ismail and his friends invested on this piece of land.
• Ismail got this land registered in the name of Jeelani.
• Since then, there has been a dispute between them.
• Jeelani did not abide by the previous accords between them and resorted to this dastardly act.
• Ismail and Mohammed Mujahid met in prison and became friends.
• There is a history-sheet opened against both of them.