Elephant dies of electrocution in Chittoor district
An elephant died after being electrocuted in an agricultural field in Chittoor district , it was identified as a female elephant
CHITTOOR: An elephant died after being electrocuted in an agricultural field in Chittoor district on Friday. It was identified as a female elephant. The incident took place in the Kiramanda Kolladimadugu forest area of Bangurapalayam Mandal.
Reportedly, the pachyderm strayed into the agricultural field and got herself entangled with the electric wires of the water pumpset. It suffered the electric shock and died immediately. The locals, who noticed the dead elephant, informed the forest department officials.
The forest officials reached the incident site and conducted the inquest before making efforts to shift the elephant's body from the agricultural field.