Fire in Sindhi Colony apartment; two bikes gutted
A fire broke out in an apartment complex located in the Sindhi Colony of Begumpet
HYDERABAD: A fire broke out in an apartment complex located in the Sindhi Colony of Begumpet on Friday. A short circuit on the ground floor is reported to have triggered the fire. Two bikes parked nearby were completely gutted in the incident.
The police, who rushed to the spot, requisitioned the services of a fire-tender. Fire-fighting personnel, with the help of police and the local residents, put out the fire. Fortunately, no casualties were reported in the fire accident which however caused commotion in the neighbourhood.
Residents of the apartment complex were evacuated as a precautionary measure as the leaping flames began engulfing a portion of the building. Located in the heart of the city, Sindhi Colony is one of the densely populated localities abutting the busy Sardar Patel Road.